Friday, January 27, 2012

Dar es Salaam and FPCT


Got in, no sweat from Amsterdam.  No sweat that is until Kili.  It is hot!  Dar too, about 90 degrees F.  Note to self: you didn’t need the T-shirt underneath. 

Peter from Tumaini U. picked me up.  First time I have been greeted at an airport by a sign with my name on it!  I love FPCT (Free Pentecostal Church of Tanzania) Guest House at Kurasini Beach.  Nice, simple room.  Breakfast this AM.

Met Steve Clarke from Compatible Technologies International (CTI).  We are now putting ourselves together to get going to Ilula and Iringa.
FPCT - the oasis

Indian Ocean

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ken,
    I am happy you arrived safely and so glad you brought M&M's!!! I know one thing for sure, they are too heavy for the suitcase and come in handy as currency!! I showed Jerry where he would be staying the first night and he said No Thank You! Sun is shinning brightly here and 21 but is very windy...a big difference from 90 degrees. Michelle W. and I had to go out to dinner to discuss the Tanzanian trip a few days ago...we think we need to go. Kennon too, I guess. Stay cool and will look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks familiar! Glad you are there and safe! Many here are happy to hear of your travels. The family is keeping me busy and out of trouble! I miss you look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete